Monday, February 13, 2012

An Encore for the Official Blogger

A little while after I registered for the The 13th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry  I asked if there was a Social Media Policy for the Conference and if there would be any Official Bloggers at the conference.


Since then I have had an ongoing conversation by email with Joan Matthews, Deputy Chairperson of the Conference Organising Committee. Just prior to Rootstech I had a message from Joan welcoming me "aboard as an Official "Blogger" I see that my role has been announced in the latest edition of the Conference Newsletter so I can come out of the closet and start talking about the Conference on this blog.


I am very excited to be attending my first Congress as I have heard lots about this event from my geneablogging friends who will attend; these include Judy Webster, Shauna Hicks, Helen V Smith, Alona Tester and  Kerry Farmer. I am particularly excited to be meeting Seonaid Harvey Lewis who will be travelling from New Zealand for the event.


I note from the Conference website that it is not too late to register for the event so if you have been vacillating about making a decision why not go to http://www.congress2012.org.au/html/registration.htm   register and join us in Adelaide on 28th March for four days of fun.



5 comments:

Celia Lewis said...

You're definitely on a roll, Jill! Who knew one could have so much fun as well as recognition! And, Congratulations on your official status. (does it come with a nifty badge and beads -?)

Judy Webster said...

I am looking forward to meeting you in person at last! I hope this Congress lives up to expectations. I have only missed one Australasian Congress since 1986, and the last two (in Darwin and Auckland) will be hard acts to follow.

Kylie Willison said...

I'm looking forward to meeting you too Jill and I've never been to a Congress before so it will be a whole new experience!!

Kylie :-)

Infolass said...

Congratulations Jill. You will do great. This will be my first Congress too and looking forward to it.

Judy Webster said...

In Attending Genealogy Conferences I included links to two must-read articles - Amy Coffin's guide to genealogy conferences, and Sue Maxwell's excellent practical suggestions on how to prepare in advance and get the most out of a conference.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...