Thursday, June 12, 2014

Trove - Pandora Archive

A couple of years ago I was contacted by The National Library of Australia asking for permission to archive this blog in The Pandora Web Archive. I put the email aside to deal with later and promptly forgot about it.

When I was approached again earlier this year I acted immediately and gave the library permission to archive my blog.

The Pandora site explains:
"PANDORA, Australia's Web Archive, is a growing collection of Australian online publications, established initially by the National Library of Australia in 1996, and now built in collaboration with nine other Australian libraries and cultural collecting organisations.
The name, PANDORA, is an acronym that encapsulates our mission: Preserving and Accessing Networked Documentary Resources of Australia."

Here is my blog's entry on Pandora:


I notice that several of my genimates including Shauna Hicks and Kerry Farmer have also had their blogs or websites archived on Pandora. You can see a full list of Genealogy and Family History sites in Pandora here: http://pandora.nla.gov.au/subject/80

I am thrilled to have been chosen for the Pandora Archive.

2 comments:

Crissouli said...

Congratulations, Jill... I was surprised and happy to have one of my blogs Irish Graves - they who sleep in foreign lands, archived a couple of years ago... maybe that was the same time mine was selected.

Nice to know that our work will be available for years to come.

crgalvin said...

Well done and well deserved! You are an inspiration to the genealogy community.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...