Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Trove Tuesday - Grandchildren

It's winter school holiday time for some of my grandchildren so that means that we get to see them a bit more then when school is in session. That means that those who live far away will come and visit for a few days  and those that live closer will pop in for morning tea or lunch  and a play. In fact I have just waved three off after a lunchtime visit.

I was wondering what I could find on Trove on the joys (or otherwise) of these visits and hit the jackpot with this collection from The Australian Women's Weekly that have been written in response to an earlier article.

1962 'Grandchildren.', The Australian Women's Weekly (1933 - 1982), 25 July, p. 25, viewed 24 June, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article46242893

1 comment:

Celia Lewis said...

Well, I'm going to be brutally honest here and say that although I certainly love my grandchildren, I love their parent/my adult child so much more. I even wish my grandkids would treat their parents better (actually, they're really quite good kids) "because I love them so much". Sigh. On the other hand, all 6 from 2 kids have lived rather far'ish away from me for most of their lives, so you can see why, eh? If I had an 'invasion' every week I'd have a big challenge to get time for my genealogy, writing projects, garden, friendships... Oh well, c'est la vie. Or maybe, chacun a son gout. Cheers from a less energetic 71 yr old.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...