Friday, September 5, 2014

There's a word for that...

...and if there's not someone is sure to create one sometime soon.

I am having an enormous amount of fun with my newish blog, The Geneadictionary, an online Geneaglossary of those words and phrases used by genealogists that will probably never make it into a real another dictionary. I remember the first time I heard the phrase "Genealogy Happy Dance", I had to contact the writer for an explanation. I am confident that other Genies have similar experiences. As it develops The Geneadictionary will be the place where you will find the explanations you need.

A multipronged approach has netted me a healthy list of Genea-Logisms for The Geneadictionary Suggestions from fellow Genies, a few sessions of Geneagoogling, revisiting blog posts written by certain Geneabloggers, being vigilant as I read articles and creating new words when I should be sleeping have contributed to the development of this list which resides in my Evernote account. I am tempted to share all of these at once but am exercising restraint and dripfeeding my small audience with a new offering every couple of days.

I am seeking your help. I'd love it if you would pop over to the alphabetical listing of words I have published so far and let me know of any glaring omissions or perhaps you might even be able to come up with some new words or phrases for The Geneadictionary.

2 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

How about adding FTDNA/mtDNA etc since it may be unclear to newbies?

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Geneacroyms?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...